Right at Home provides meaningful, professional, and caring in-home support to families. Their in-home services range from making a pot of home-made soup and doing laundry, to 24-hour nursing care, and anything and everything in-between.
Anago Cleaning Systems provides commercial cleaning throughout the Greater Winnipeg area for facilities from 1000 sq ft up to 200,000 sq ft. Their proprietary systems were developed over several years and are based on their five-step office and 10-step restroom cleaning methods. To ensure their cleaning service is the best in the industry, they use only commercial-grade chemicals, including green chemicals, and equipment to satisfy their janitorial clients’ needs.
- While Right at Home and Anago Cleaning Systems have experienced challenges, both are considered essential services, so they have been able to continue to operate during the COVID-19 disruption.
- Both businesses have taken a hit: Half of their cleaning clients have had to close their offices, so no cleaning is required presently. But there has been an increase in the need for disinfection services. Right at Home has seen a decrease in business due to the restrictions placed on visitors to long term care facilities, but there has been an increased need for their services with individual families.
- Recognizing the need for their clients and the community to understand how to clean, sanitize and disinfect spaces, they created a how-to video and made it available on their website for free.
- By shifting some of their services to what was needed in the community (e.g. grocery delivery for seniors), they have been able to both remain operational and service the community in a time of need.
They created a contest to connect kids and isolated seniors. The kids create artwork with positive messages and submit their pictures to Right at Home. Right at Home used their existing relationships with retirement homes and long-term care facilities to get the artwork delivered and displayed at the senior’s residences. The response from kids was great and joy was delivered!
The Advice – What We Learned
- Serve the community: Share your knowledge and think about ways you can engage with the community and support the people around you. This will build a good profile of your business and connect you to the community.
- Give back if you can.
- Do what you can to keep your staff employed. Do what you can to be an employer of choice.
Right at Home
Anago Cleaning Systems