Cranked Energy Bars is a Winnipeg-based company borne from a personal quest to create wholesome and great-tasting protein and energy bars made from quality Canadian ingredients. Cranked come in a variety of flavours and are available online, in-store, and at more than a dozen fitness and health food locations in Manitoba and Ontario.
- Uncertainty: Every day you are figuring out the “new normal”. When can I open my doors? Will my staff come back? Will it be safe for my staff and my customers?
- There is always a risk of their supply chain being compromised – even though it’s all coming from within Canada, there can be delays.
- Cranked is not able to have sampling events, which is a major source of growth.
- Cranked made a serious pivot to growing the e-commerce part of their business, building up the e-commerce section of their website and promoting online purchase options.
- Cranked partnered with a local courier company for deliveries. They offered free delivery in Winnipeg and in some parts of Canada.
- They made it easier for customers to connect with them and to purchase their product.
- They focused on making it safe for their customers to get access to their products and even supported another small business.
The Advice – What We Learned
- We can all do our part to stay calm and focused during this time.
- There’s opportunity in uncertainty. This is a time to be creative and try new things – the worst thing that can happen is that it does not work.
- You must pivot; you do not have to be afraid. Don’t focus on what you have lost; focus on what you can gain.
- There is a strong sense of community here (in Winnipeg). We will be ok.
Cranked Energy Bars